You purchased the best of the best- RMTL. Now you want to know how you can increase the longevity of your luxurious pieces, and clean them when necessary. We’ve compiled a list of tips for taking care of your gold vermeil jewelry.
- Avoid harsh chemicals (household cleaning supplies, product chemicals, perfumes, saltwater, etc.). TIP: Put your jewelry on last when you’re getting ready— that way, you don’t accidentally spray your perfume or get lotion on it.
- Avoid extreme humidity. Harsh and extensive heat mixes with water can have a damaging effect on your jewelry. Avoid the steam room if you can.
- For a touch up, use your jewelry care cloth that comes with every RMTL purchase. For a mild cleaning, use gentle soap and warm water to wash your jewelry (you can soak it for 5-10 minutes also, for a sure-clean. For a deep clean, purchase a gold + silver jewelry cleaner at your local store or online and follow the instructions given.
- Storage is key. Keep your jewelry in a lined box (your RMTL one is perfect) to avoid scratches.
- Jewelry is delicate by nature. Treat it as such and it will last you longer than you may even think.
Other questions or tips? Let us know!